|Belles On A Budget: A How-to Site for Weddings on a Budget||
Photo: Aesthetic Life Studio
Don’t you just love veils? They’re just so….bridal. For most brides, veils are that finishing touch to that oh-so-perfect gown. But ready for a big shocker? That thin little piece of tulle will cost you $125 to $300 at a typical bridal salon. But no worries- we’re on it! There are plenty of ways to secure that important headgear for a fraction of that cost:
1. Look for sales! If you read our blog, you know how crazy we are about any kind of sale, and here too store sales and promotions can help you save big. Bridal shops often offer a discount on a veil or even a FREE veil with a purchase of a wedding gown. Do some research to see when stores in your area are having a promotion and buy your dress then, or ask your salesperson if they have any upcoming promotions that would give you a veil for cheap.
2. Enlist the help of your friends and relatives. Depending on the complexity you envision for your veil, a friend or relative who likes to sew could potentially make your perfect veil inexpensively. Have that be her wedding gift to you!
3. Shop online: There are several online veil stores where you can create your own veil or purchase a specific veil for much less than at a bridal store.
4. Shop Ebay and Etsy: Both sites have individual sellers and small businesses that specialize in making custom made veils for much cheaper than stores. Not only can you easily score a veil for less than $50- you can get exactly what you want!
5. Get it the second time around: Borrow a veil from one of your friends (something borrowed anyone?) or check sites like Freecycle or Kashless, marketplaces for people to advertise the items they no longer need in an effort to reduce waste in landfills.